Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 365

The day has come.  It has been 1 year in 1 black dress standing up and talking about 1 problem.  Human sex trafficking may still be present, but at least this small project has raised some awareness to my surrounding community.  The end of 1 dress. 1 cause. does not mean the end of my work and contribution to the fight against human slavery.  Instead, it has given me the opportunity to make solid relationships with men and women involved in the fight in Columbus, Ohio and other parts of the country.  This project was the kick-start to a life time of support, and encouragement for those putting their lives on the line every day to rescue those stuck in slavery. 
This year has had its ups and downs, but the dress has been there with me every day.  From birthdays, to all-nighters, and hospitals, to funerals, the dress was there and I was constantly reminded of its purpose.  I may not be working solely on the fight as a future career, but I will always be on the ground raising as much awareness as I can.  As day 365 passes over, and I wake up the next morning, I'll look at my closet, not with sadness, or puzzlement, but with excitement and the drive to move on from this project.

Thank you so much to Marlene Carson and to Rahab's Hideaway for letting me live this project though you and your amazing work.  The things you have done, are doing, and continue to do baffle and inspire me every day.  I appreciate the time you have spent with me and the opportunities you have given me to share this project.  I treasure the relationship we have created and I hope to stay in touch.

Thank you to all of the donors and supporters of 1 dress. 1 cause.  Without you, this project would have just been me talking and wearing a dress.  With you and your donations, Rahab's Hideaway can work and move towards goals, saving lives along the way.  For that, I am so thankful.

 My countdown on my computer.
 Though there are rips down the sides on my sleeves, and held up in the back by safety pins, the dress takes one last picture in its original state.


For flash back purposes, these are some of my favorite days!







Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment